Your donation will help support the continued development of the tools and OpenA11y Evaluation Libary to provide evaluation results based on the latest web standards and most effective/efficient accessibility techniques to meet WCAG 2.0 Level A and AA requirements, including the authoring practices available through the Accessible Rich Internet Application 1.2 and HTML 5.1 Specifications.
The funds will be used to:
- Support graduate and undergraduate students at the University of Illinios in Urbana-Champaign to help develop and test the open source tools for evaluating and inspecting web accessibility (e.g. FAE, AInspector for Firefox and Accessibility Bookmarklets).
- Development of online training materials to help people understand accessibility using web standards, including examples for the W3C ARIA Authoring Practices Guide .
- Support participation in web standards groups like the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative to learn about and contribute to the development and implementation of the next generation web accessibility standards and techniques.
- Support participation in regional and national conferences to help people learn about web accessibility and to promote the open source tools as a resource in people understanding and designing accessible web resourses.
- The FAE service is a part of the Accessible IT Group in the Division of Disability Resources and Education Services in the College of Applied Health Studies at the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign.